We are looking for a Process Engineer to improve and optimize our equipment designs using best practices and advancements in thermodynamics. The position is accountable for providing support for the rest of the operation buy thoroughly understanding the task at hand.
A successful candidate should have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to ensure that processes and products consistently meet established standards.
- Design and produce process piping design specifications, calculations, and select appropriate pumps and ancillary equipment including chillers, heat exchangers & hoses.
- Calculate and produce heat transfer and flow analysis for the design and development of laboratory and industrial processing equipment.
- Create process flow diagrams, P&IDs, and schematics for new and existing equipment.
- Aid in the integration of automated equipment to both skidded and modular systems
- Accurately convey requirements for the procurement of process specific components
- Research products, processes, and components as needed
- Develop detailed models, fabrication drawings, and specifications for mechanical equipment, piece parts and assemblies using Solid Works and Solid Works PDM Pro
- Application of sanitary standards and necessary compliance requirements (including 3A, ASME, CSA, PED, etc.).
- 1-3 Years experience in mechanical, process, chemical engineering, or other related discipline with an emphasis on bringing products to market
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematic diagrams, P&IDs, fabrication drawings, cut sheets, etc
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and ability to work collaboratively required
- Ability to present information verbally and in writing to peers, workgroups, and management
- Technical skills relevant to design/modeling and the ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Proficiency with SolidWorks Piping & Routing, Excel, and AutoCAD
- Experience with chemical / paint / beverage / dairy processing equipment or development of industrial / scientific equipment and systems
- Familiarity with sanitary, 3A standards and GMP/FDA guidelines
- Solid Works and SolidWorks PDM Professional experience preferred
- Experience with ASME BPVC, PED, CRN regulations preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or relevant Engineering discipline.
To apply for the position, please email your cover letter and resume.