Now Hiring: Engineering Manager
Company: Precision® Extraction Solutions
Location: Troy, MI
Salary: Commensurate with candidate experience and industry standards.
WE ARE GROWING! Looking for a rewarding future? Interested in becoming a team member of a successful manufacturing organization in greater Detroit? Your search stops here! Precision® employees share a team work atmosphere in our brand-new offices and a company culture designed to foster professional growth. Precision® is a market leading manufacturer and supplier of scientific laboratory equipment.
Our team is seeking an Engineering Manager. This is a highly visible position, reporting to the COO, with the responsibility of providing results driven leadership. You will lead and manage all process engineering, lead the R&D development and quality assurance functions that will take us to an ISO9000 certification. This is a hands-on position in a fast paced, growing environment. In any start up organization, the team members must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide range of activities in the course of daily business, including some which may not normally be part of the job description for an equivalent position elsewhere. It is therefore a requirement that the individual filling this position has an aptitude to learn new skills, to think for themselves and be able to work in an environment where fixed routines may not be established.
Our company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-Term disability, Long-Term disability.
The job duties of this position will include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the company’s R&D initiatives and new product launches with the Chief Product Officer.
- Co-ordinate production and quality of pressure vessels with the Plant Manager.
- Manage the generation and preservation of Company Intellectual Property, including archiving/storage of designs and documentation of SOPs.
- Maintain a clear view of the Technical Field Support activities to ensure customer satisfaction is exceeded.
- Foster a climate and culture where quality issues are addressed effectively and quickly.
- Improve the effectiveness of the Company’s internal systems; increasing efficiency and speed to market.
- Attract, retain and motivate people to improve the company’s performance.
- Report regularly on key aspects of the business, in accordance with routine and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Provide relevant technical information to the Sales and Operations staff.
- Creating project plans, identifying required resources, identifying/creating all primary deliverables and receiving sign off for all major gateways in line with the Management Team.
- Proactively identify, report and mitigate risks to delivery of product and project plans.
- Liaise with and manage third party engineering design team.
- Participate in direction setting for the organization, including technology roadmaps.
- Managing resources across several simultaneous projects and making priority calls based on business objectives and associated risks.
- Leading the team through a design control process from requirements development and design planning to design transfer and verification and validation.
- Training and skills development of the technical team.
- Collaborate in improving tools, methods and processes for product development.
- Ensuring adherence to quality and compliance.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing processes and methods.
- Designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum engineering and quality efficiency.
- Confers with Operations to ensure efficient production methods.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing and supplier capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Maintains a variety of reports and records/processes documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods, process procedures, etc.
- Exercise direct supervision over department to achieve cost and quality of production and meet product launch schedules and delivery dates.
- Responsible for maintaining discipline in accordance with company policy and for maintaining health and safety regulations and their enforcement.
- Recommend suggestions for process improvement that would improve the efficiency of production and the manufacture of quality products to applicable personnel.
- Utilizes the annual evaluation process as a communication tool with employees for goal setting and development programs.
- Acts as a resource for subordinates.
- Set, track and drive company goals related to areas of responsibility; including quality, Continuous Improvements (Lean and 5S), supply chain, process verification.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management costing decisions.
- Provide technical assistance to Sales in communicating to customers and to enable company to win new RFQs.
- BS with a minimum of 8+ years’ experience in the design and manufacture of pressure vessels.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience with an ERP/MRP system.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- International supplier experience a plus.
- ISO9000 or TS16949 experience. CGMP compliance experience a plus.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt a plus. Job Type: Full-time
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.